The Power of Kindness

Thursday, May 21, 2015

This past Monday was our trip supervisor's birthday and she was sent flowers from home for her special day. She did not want to carry the flowers on the train, so we made an agreement to find someone who needed some flowers. At the train station in Florence, I saw a sweet, older man who appeared to be waiting for someone at the station. I went up to this older fellow and handed him the flowers. He did not speak any English, but accepted our gesture with a big smile on his face. After we walked away, he kept waiting and waiting for the special person. He had the flowers in his hand the whole time. We left before I could see if he shared the flowers, but I know in my heart that he appreciated our kind gesture. Being kind and performing small little acts really can make your whole day. 

No comments :

Post a Comment

Comments system

Made With Love By The Dutch Lady Designs