Enjoy this Life

Sunday, March 29, 2015

On my team one of our core values is leadership and as a team we read various books that help us grow as leaders and as a team. We read a book for the fall entitled The Leadership  Challenge and this spring we are reading The Energy Bus. Each week we read a few chapters and as I was doing my reading for this week I stumbled across some really great advice that I thought I should share.
In The Energy Bus there are ten rules that are shared throughout the novel and the last rule stood out to me. The last rule is have fun and enjoy the ride. After sharing the final rule, a character in the novel brought up a study (I am not sure if this was a real study, but it seems as if it could be true). The study   asked elderly people what three things they wished they had done in life. The three things are as follows:

1. Reflect more and enjoy more moments.
2. Take more risks and chances. Life is too short not to go for it.
3. Leave behind a legacy.

One of these three things is something that I am sure each of us wishes that we did. Sometimes life can get very busy and we forget to soak up the moment we are living in. Reflection causes us to think about how grateful we are to be living life and doing some amazing things even if in the moment they may not seem amazing. Something that I have been working on is taking more risks and chances in life. It is important to seize all the opportunities that are headed our way and college is the perfect time to do so! I have signed up to study abroad in Italy this May for two weeks and it's a risk I took but I am excited to go on the trip now. I knew I would regret it if I did not click the button and sign up for it. Sometimes our biggest risks involve pressing a simple key on the computer, while others may involve stepping out and speaking our mind. Risks and chances are all around us and we need to go for it if it will help us become better individuals. We all strive to leave a legacy behind, but the most important thing we can all do is leave a lasting impression on someone. There are people all around us each and every day who need someone to look up to or a simple kind word shared with them. The smallest of gestures can leave a lasting impression on someone that hopefully can be carried on. Life can be busy, but we should enjoy this life we are living. Each day is a new day full of opportunities to seize! Enjoy every last one of them. 

I hope everyone has a great upcoming week this week! 


5 comments :


  1. I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.
    Maya Angelou

    ReplyDelete
  2. This quote from Maya Angelou came to mind while reading your blog today
    You are a wise young lady in what you say! I do believe what we say and do are also important in leaving positive lasting impressions. Thanks for always giving me some positive thoughts or ideals to think on.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have that quote on my calendar you gave me! I love you, Mom!

      Delete
  3. Great advice! I'm so excited for your opportunity to go to Italy- what an experience! :)

    ReplyDelete

Comments system

Made With Love By The Dutch Lady Designs