Smells like Spring Time

Saturday, March 14, 2015

This past week has been amazing! I'm sure we can all agree that this wonderful burst of spring weather was much needed. This past week I was on spring break for school. I went to Indiana University to visit my boyfriend and came back home for two days! It was very nice to be home and see my family and pets. I enjoyed every minute of my break and I still am enjoying it! Even though I couldn't be in Florida soaking in the warm sun or out West hiking on the mountains I was able to spend some quality time with those I love.

I enjoyed baking, driving around and listen to music, and taking my dog to the beach. Sometimes, we don't realize how much we miss the little things until they are gone. It was nice to do the things at home that I can't do at school.

Lake Michigan is not yet ready for swimming, but
this photo I captured really showed how
 the lake is beautiful anytime of the year. 
Life is so good. This was just the right time to see
this nice little reminder.

I took my dog, Rocky, to New Buffalo
to enjoy some time at the beach.
 The weather this past week has been wonderful to run! I was able to run in shorts!! Two weeks ago the thought of running in shorts would have just been absurd! My teammates and I are able to run on the outdoor track yesterday too. Spring is really here!

This spring weather got me in the mood to make a spring craft. A few weeks ago I saw a pin on pinterest with 30 different type of wreaths to make. Rachel and I went to the craft store the other day and I found some scrapbook paper on sale for 25 cents that had flowers and birds on it and it was perfect for my paper wreath! The wreath is very simple to make, but a little time consuming. I cut out a circle from a cereal box and then cut the paper in leaf shapes. Then I folded the leaves on the bottom and used a stapler to attach the leaves to the cardboard. I really love how it turned out! It adds a spring pop to our door! Hopefully, no one steals it. We have had a few items stolen off of our door.















I can't believe that I have a little under two months left of my first year of college. The time really has flown by. I am going to work on enjoying every day I have left in school this year.

I hope everyone enjoys the spring weather and upcoming spring breaks! Have a wonderful day!

No comments :

Post a Comment

Comments system

Made With Love By The Dutch Lady Designs