Ciao Italia

Wednesday, May 13, 2015






Ciao from Italy! I arrived safely to Italy yesterday after a 3 hour delay at the Detroit airport and barely making our connecting flight in Amsterdam. It has been quite a busy past 48 hours. I tried to sleep on our first plane and then I woke up when we landed to eat breakfast. We arrived in Venice yesterday. It is a gorgeous city. It was a little dirtier than I imagined here. There are pigeons everywhere. I've noticed a few that have flown into the shops. Yesterday my group of 13 people took the water taxi, the main transportation here in Venice to the island of Murano. On Murano, glass blowing is the speciality. We watched a glass blowing demonstration and it was beautiful! 

We grabbed a quick bite to eat and then took the water taxi back to our hotel. We went to Saint Marcos square and I bought my first Italian gelato! Afterwards, we went on a gondola ride. Our rower was a very funny man who kept trying to rock the gondola and scare us. 

I was feeling quite tired after taking the gondola and kept dozing off on the water taxi back to the hotel. I was beyond ready for bed and a shower.  This morning I had a lovely breakfast. There were many crossaints, toasted breads, jams, and yogurt. The orange juice was not orange, but rather red from a red orange! I have been working on my Italian too. I have mastered grazie, thank you in Italian. 
I am on the train now heading to Brescia. 
These pastries line the streets of Venice. 

Have a great day today!

No comments :

Post a Comment

Comments system

Made With Love By The Dutch Lady Designs