It's Beginning to Feel a Lot Like Christmas...

Monday, December 8, 2014

First off, where is the snow?! I check the weather everyday hoping that it will snow soon! I know we had a rough winter last year with the snow, but I always do love a little snow on Christmas. I can't complain though, the warm temperatures have been nice to run in. I also can walk across campus without freezing my hands off.


It has been over a month since my last post, and well I am sure you are wondering I must have been up to some pretty great things in the past month to not be writing. I sure have been keeping myself busy! In the past month I have ran at the MAC Championships, ran in Wisconsin at the NCAA Regional meet, enjoyed a nice Thanksgiving at home, decorated my dorm room to look festive for the holiday season, gotten all of my Christmas shopping accomplished, logged many miles on my running shoes, and written a lot of papers.


In the past month, I had the opportunity to run in two very important races. The MAC Championships were held at Central Michigan on November 1. It was a cold day to run. My team placed fourth out of twelve schools which was our goal! It was a great experience. I also ran at the Regional Championships, which were held on November 14 in Madison, Wisconsin. My teammates and I loaded on the bus to drive for eight hours, which turned in to about ten hours. We were stuck on the highway right outside of LaPorte for an hour and a half. We ended up making it to Madison late at night. The course was scattered in snow flurries. The race was the coldest one I have ever ran in with shorts on! It was very cold out. I ran my best race of the year and my team placed thirteenth out of thirty teams.
Here I am at the Regional meet!
 Last week, I went home for the first time since September for Thanksgiving. It was very nice sleep in my own bed and see my best friend, Erin whom I had not seen since we left for school! It was the longest we had been away from each other in twelve years! I enjoyed seeing my family and eating some delicious food. I also traveled down to watch the LaPorte Slicers football team play at State and to watch my sister cheer! It was really neat that the football team made it to State.

I have been enjoying myself here in Bowling Green. I have established a nice routine, which in the next week will soon end. Finals begin next week for us, but fortunately I only have two! My roommate, Rachel, and I have quite the festive room! We also went holiday shopping over the weekend and made our own ugly sweaters for a cross country   holiday party. It was fun!
Our dorm room!

Our snowman door! 

My ugly sweater made with some
 Goodwill finds.


 I hope you have a wonderful week! Happy Holidays!

No comments :

Post a Comment

Comments system

Made With Love By The Dutch Lady Designs