Dare To Do Something

Thursday, February 5, 2015

Sometimes in life we encounter something that takes courage to do. We can just as easily sit back and be comfortable with the life we are living or we can dare to do something. It is no easy task to leave behind our comfort zones. Since I left for college, I have tried to be more bold. I joined the magazine club here on campus. I didn't know anyone. I just went for it. In the movie We Bought a Zoo the dad tells his son, "You know, sometimes all you need is twenty seconds of insane courage." I had a race last weekend and while I was running I told myself just have twenty seconds of courage and go for it. I think this is a little phrase we can all remember in life when there is something we want to do, but don't have the full courage. I had wanted to make a blog for about two years. I wrote down on my new years goals to make a blog for 2012 and 2013 and well I did it in 2014! I enjoy reading other blogs and my favorite runner, Lauren Fleshman, has a blog called Ask Lauren Fleshman full of motivation and positive words. Many blogs have a contact information section and on hers you can send in a letter. I decided why not send a letter, so I went for it! I could just have easily wished to send a letter, but I did it and she sent me one back! 

Earlier this week, my dad sent me an article with the message to not worry about little things in life that may bother us, but rather if something bothers us then we should put our heart into the bothersome item and go after it. We shouldn't spend our lives feeling upset about the little things in life. We should go after the big things! If there is something you want to achieve go after it and be courageous. Thank you to my mom and dad for encouraging me to go after things in life. Make today a great one and enjoy every moment!  

No comments :

Post a Comment

Comments system

Made With Love By The Dutch Lady Designs