Simple Pleasures

Saturday, August 9, 2014

YUM!
Sometimes in life you have to stop and be thankful for all the things that make you happy. Looking back on the week, there were many things that made me happy.

I love to bake and I have had my fair share of blueberry muffins that have turned out ok, but this week I made the BEST blueberry muffins ever! I even messed up the oven temperature, but it turned out to be a good thing.


The sprinkles were too photogenic!
This past week I was able to see many of my friends before we go our separate ways to school. I went to the beach with my high school cross country team, had ice cream dates with friends, Starbucks( I love their new tea), watched a movie, and made many pancakes. It was a great week!



The yellow was a happy color!
After stumbling around on Pinterest, I found a craft that was calling my name! I have had two old bottles sitting in my room for decoration for a long time and I decided it was finally time to spruce them up. Here's what I found: http://eighteen25.blogspot.com/2013/05/painted-photo-bottles.html. The instructions say that the bottles will dry within 24 hours, let me tell you, it was definitely a week. I'm not sure if I added too much paint, but every time I thought the excess paint was gone more drops would pour out. In the end, I couldn't be happier with my bottles!

A unique way to display items!



I was quite the chef this week, I made dinner and some tasty breakfast. One night I made this recipe which I have cooked before, but this time I made my own pesto. The dish is called summer pesto penne. It calls for asparagus, ricotta cheese, and peas. It is fairly simple to whip up! It makes a ton of pasta. I'm sorry, I don't have a link to the recipe because I found it in a magazine.
Lots of green!


I also enjoyed a nice breakfast of perfectly cooked eggs and kiwi while reading a good book. While I was deciding what books to take with me to college I found a book that my mom gave me. I was intrigued by the title and I read the book in three days! It was a great read.


It is as if the green doesn't want to let go.
 I spent much time outside appreciating nature this week as well. On a walk with my dad and our dog I found a leaf that struck my eye. I also went to Red Mill park this week so that my dog could explore some new territory. He loved it! It was the only county park that I haven't been to and it was really lovely. After the park, I stopped at Garwoods and picked up some tasty peaches and plums. Nothing beats a fresh peach!
They have just the right amount of sweetness!




I just wanted to share some things that made me happy this week! I hope that everyone is enjoying the last bit of summer! This is my last week before I head off to Bowling Green this weekend(August 17). With a new school year ahead remember to pursue your dreams and


What makes you happy? Please share:)



1 comment :

  1. One thing that gives me a smile is your blog! Thank you for sharing your many interesting observations. Love you, E, xoxo Mom

    ReplyDelete

Comments system

Made With Love By The Dutch Lady Designs