Blooming in Bowling Green

Monday, September 1, 2014

I have been living in my new home, Bowling Green, Ohio, for two weeks now.  It sure has been an adjustment leaving behind the life that I had become so used to. I am excited and working on embracing this new journey I am on.

I came to school a week before classes started. The first week I was here I spent with my new cross country team. We ran at many different metro parks in the Toledo area. It was fun to run in many new venues. All of my teammates are really sweet and funny. I ran in my first college cross country race last Friday. We have our home meet coming up in two weeks!
This is my new cross country team! A great group of friends!
I finally got to meet my roommate, Rachel! She is also on the cross country team with me. She is pretty awesome! We have enjoyed making new memories together.  Our room is really nice, we have our own bathroom and nice floor mates too! Our dorm is only four years old, so it is very modern. We have a really nice RA( residential advisor), she is very helpful and funny. It has been fun decorating the dorm with positive quotes and happy colors!
My desk! My sister made the pin board! 
Rachel and I in our dorm.
Mi casa!
Our little living space.
Under my loft.






Last week was my first full week of classes. I really enjoy my kinesiology and biology class. I also have a critical thinking course and public speaking. I have nice professors! It has been a busy first couple of weeks full of meetings, practice, and various activities. One thing that I do enjoy is feeling independent and walking around campus on my own. It's nice to walk outside and have more freedom during the day. The food on campus is pretty good compared to most! I haven't had to go to the salad bar everyday if that's saying something. There usually are different menu items every day. My favorite meal is breakfast. 

I can't wait for some cooler weather! It sure has been a hot few weeks. I am ready for some fall cross country weather to come. I hope everyone has a great week! Does anyone have any advice to share with the start of college?

I captured this view of the football stadium one early morning on my way to practice.








No comments :

Post a Comment

Comments system

Made With Love By The Dutch Lady Designs