It Smells like Cross Country Season

Sunday, October 12, 2014


It is here....Fall! My favorite season has always been fall. I love the beautiful colors, making Halloween crafts, and well of course cross country season!! It has been a little over a month since my last post. I wish I had more time to write, but I have been keeping busy with classes and running. Last weekend, I traveled to Louisville, Kentucky with my team. It was my first race in a uniform, which I am fortunate to have this opportunity. We ran at the Louisville Classic race. It was a 5k and it was the largest race I have ever ran in. There were around 300 people in my race! Pretty crowded! The race went by fast, but it was a great opportunity to race in a large race before Pre-Nationals this weekend at Terre Haute. I get to race in Indiana again!
I got to see my old teammate, Anthony
at Louisville! 

My teammates and I getting a little crazy after the race.


             










I have been feeling pretty crafty the past few weeks and I took a trip down to the craft store downtown and bought a few things to make some crafts! My roommate, Rachel, and I decorated our door with Halloween decor and I made some flowers out of tissue paper and card-stock to liven up our room. 
I decorated a glass bottle!

I wrapped some friendship
bracelet string around bottle.
My teammates and I made
fun pumpkins.














This past weekend was my fall break. I did not have the time to travel home, but my grandparents and my boyfriend came to visit me. It was really nice to see them. I had a lovely time showing them around town and enjoying being with some of the people I love. I took A.J. to one of the parks I run at for my long runs and we explored a bit.
The splash of red caught my eye.

A family of deer that didn't appear to be frightened by us.


I had some fun playing in the leaves
at a park I run at.
I just love this photo! It reminds
me of a book cover. A.J. and I took this photo
and it actually our reflection in the water. 
I hope that everyone is doing well! It can be hard to remember to take a moment out of the day, but nature is so beautiful this time of year try to go out and find something that catches your eye! Make this week a great one! 


No comments :

Post a Comment

Comments system

Made With Love By The Dutch Lady Designs