My last day in Italy

Tuesday, May 26, 2015

The end of my two week adventure abroad is almost over. I have enjoyed every day spent in Italy with wonderful people and experiences. I came on this trip not knowing anyone, but I have gained many friendships along the way. I'm so thankful for all of the people that I have been able to met and everyone who assisted us during our journey. The Italian  people I have met are very gracious and kind. 

I spent my last full day in Italy visiting Pompeii, eating a tasty lunch, driving back to Rome, and sharing a nice dinner with my friends.

Before going to Pompeii, I was under the impression that it was a small city. Pompeii is actually a large city full of many, many ruins. These people were very knowledgeable and had invented many things that we use today. Mt. Vesuvius erupted in 79 A.D.



This tower was the water system used I. Pompeii. There were many of these towers that filtered the spring water. 

This wagon was preserved under all of the volcanic ash!

The citizens of Pompeii carved grooves in the city streets for the wagons.

This is one of the beds carved into the stone.



Pompeii was a really neat city and there are many ruins that withstood the volcanic ash and many hundreds of years. It is so fascinating how many ceramic pots, beds, bakery ovens, and tiled mosaics are still around today. 

This has been an intellectual, personal, and cultural growing experience for me. Journeys are presented to us in many different forms everyday and those special ones that strike a cord in us are the ones we must seize. I'm glad I seized this journey. Thank you for following along with me and reading my many blogs.


No comments :

Post a Comment

Comments system

Made With Love By The Dutch Lady Designs