A Little Place I Call Home

Wednesday, July 1, 2015

Anyone who is a runner could tell you that one route, road, or course that makes him or her feel alive and appreciate the ability to be a runner. For me, that is a little road called Michigan Avenue. No, I am not talking about the Michigan Avenue lined with glamorous shops in Chicago, but the one that I first laced up my running shoes to go on a run. This Michigan Avenue has seen me transform from the little girl who had tears streaming down her face during her first race to the girl who now runs in college. It has seen me on my best runs and the worst runs. It knows all of my goals and aspirations. I am sure those goals have slowly seeped into the asphalt after constantly racing through my mind as I run up and down Michigan Avenue. Even when I get tired of running on this road, it always encourages me with the friendly walkers and drivers who share a simple hello or wave. I have been running up and down Michigan Avenue for over ten years now. It was the first road that I ran on. I will always come running back to it. Michigan Avenue is the little place I like to call home.
                         

No comments :

Post a Comment

Comments system

Made With Love By The Dutch Lady Designs