Healthy Snacking Options

Saturday, September 24, 2016





The fall season is upon us and that means cross country meets, tailgate parties, packing school lunch and many more needs for some healthy snacks that keep us fueled for the day!

Thank you to Chobani for teaming up with me to help spread some creative, healthy snacking ideas! If you are looking for a new healthy dip to try their new line of Meze dips are quite tasty! I tried the Three Pepper salsa flavor, and I thought it went really well with the zucchini and even the sweet potato chips I made. I think the dip would be a great substitute for sour cream on tacos or a Mexican dish.

In the last few years, I have become a big fan of sweet potatoes. I always used to gravitate away from them because the flavor seemed strange to me. I guess I have overcome that strange flavor, and I now love eating sweet potatoes with cinnamon, greek yogurt or peanut/almond butter! I thought making my own sweet potato chips might be neat. I cut up two larger sweet potatoes, placed them on a baking sheet and poured melted coconut oil over them. I also added some sea salt for a little extra flavor. If you're interested in making some the recipe I followed is here.

The second healthy chip idea I tried was with zucchini. I love going to the farmer's market and getting some fresh veggies and fruit from local farmers. Zucchini are still in season, but they are going to be gone soon! I cut up two zucchini and sprinkled the slices with olive oil, salt and pepper. Using two zucchini made about two servings, as the zucchini shrinks quite a bit in the oven! I followed this recipe.


I hope this inspires you to try making your own veggie chips! They are really easy to make and are a healthy snack to have throughout the week.

Enjoy your weekend!

No comments :

Post a Comment

Comments system

Made With Love By The Dutch Lady Designs