The Start of Sophomore Year

Thursday, August 20, 2015

I cannot believe it, but summer is almost over and the school year is about to begin! I have been back in good old Bowling Green now since Sunday. I followed my dad down in my car this year. My dad helped me move into my new dorm and set up my little room! I'm living in a suite style dorm with three other girls. We all have our own bedrooms and share a living space and bathroom. 

This is what my room looks like so far! I haven't been able to spend much time working on it this week because I've been busy with my cross country team. 

On Tuesday we drove down to Cuyahoga Falls outside of Akron to spend a night in an old house in the national park. We had a lot of fun and it was a really nice bonding time. One fun activity we did was have a cook off. We were divided into groups according to appetizer, salad, entree, and dessert. I made a salad with two of my teammates, Becca and Madi. We made a Spinach, Pecan, sunflower, orzo, cranberry, and goat cheese salad. It's always one of my favorites! 

We all enjoyed preparing our meals and sharing them with each other. 

The first day of class is this Monday and I'm working on getting everything together! I'm most looking forward to my first journalism class and women's studies. It is nice to feel at home on campus now and I'm sure I'll be getting into the swing of things once classes start. Here's to a new school year full of new people, learning experiences, and an exciting cross country season! 

No comments :

Post a Comment

Comments system

Made With Love By The Dutch Lady Designs