What Made Me Smile in 2015

Tuesday, December 15, 2015

We all need to smile everyday. A smile is contagious and simply smiling can change your whole mood around. There are many people, objects, and creations in nature that made me smile. I wanted to share what made me smile this year.

1. My new room! I know, you're probably thinking why I would have a new room when I am gone most of the year at school. I worked this past summer on putting together a new bed and dresser for my room. I had a loft bed for quite a while and I was beginning to get tired of the climb up the ladder every night. I always have helped my dad put together furniture and do odd jobs around the house, but this time I assembled and stained my bed and dresser without any help. This accomplishment is something I am proud of. I can use my bed and dresser for many years now. I loved waking up this summer with the sun shining through my window! 

2. Yoga with Adriene. I had never heard of this youtube channel before I met my friend, Emily. She shared this whole new world with me one night in Italy. I worked on completing 30 days of yoga, a set of videos Adriene created to help us "find what feels good". After doing the challenge, I felt a certain sense of peace about myself.  If you have ever wanted to try yoga or would like to continue your practice, Adriene is awesome. She is friendly in all of her videos and always has something funny to say. This new year 2016, she is offering a Yoga Camp with videos to do each day.
Here is a link to her channel if you are interested: https://www.youtube.com/user/yogawithadriene

3. My succulent plant. My mom loves succulents and has many pots scattered throughout our yard and house. I love nature and one would think I enjoy gardening. I really have not gardened much, but maybe once I have my own place I can become the gardener I wish I could be! I painted a pot for my plant and it sits in my dorm room now. It grows quite well in my windowsill at school. Since I can't have a pet, I enjoy seeing how much my plant grows over the weeks.

4. My college friends. Many of my friends in college are my teammates, but I have a nice little group of friends on the men's team too. We all always eat dinner together each night and I look forward to meeting my little "family" every night for dinner. We always have fun together over our long dinners, walks to get ice cream, and watching "Friends" together.  I am so thankful to have met them. They always brighten my days and put a smile on my face. I can't thank them enough for making my college experience a positive one.
                                         



5. Meeting up each week with my friend Emily. Practically every week this semester I have met up with Emily. We have done everything from meeting to get tea, eat dinner, have brunch, and go on adventurous shopping trips. I am so thankful to have found a friend in her over the little time that we have known each other.

6. My friends from home. I am so glad to have such a wonderful group of friends from home who stay in contact with me, write me letters, and even send nice surprises in the mail! It always brightens my day to pick up a package or find a letter in my mailbox.
                   


7. My boyfriend. I can't thank him enough for all that he does for me each day. Thank you for driving five hours to visit me and for coming to watch me run in Louisville this semester. It is not always easy being so far away, but being able to see you brings the biggest smile to my face.



8. My family trip to Washington. As a family, we had not gone on a trip for a couple years and it was so much fun to be able to spend time with my parents and sister exploring a new state. We made some good memories along the way from playing cards without electricity to the little fellow.

9. Pushing my comfort zone. I think about my trip to Italy and all that I learned overseas frequently. I see my friends from my trip on campus and it is nice to have a friend to wave to. I am eternally grateful to myself for taking a risk and breaking down comfort barriers.

10. My Memaw. My grandma sends me a text message every day wishing me a happy day and a nice evening. I look forward to receiving those messages each day. A smile always spreads across my face when I read them.

There are countless people, places, and things that make me smile every day. I would not have enough room to write out everything that brings smile to my face, but I wanted to share a few things that stood out in my mind from this past year. Thank you to everyone for helping me to smile and be happy. Happiness is the best feeling in the world and we all need a little more of it in our lives.

Have a happy holiday season! I hope it brings great joy and many smiles:)










No comments :

Post a Comment

Comments system

Made With Love By The Dutch Lady Designs