Loving Ourselves

Thursday, January 14, 2016

More often than not we find ourselves piling on the work, stressing about upcoming projects, and staying up late trying to accomplish these tasks. We spend little time actually doing something nice for ourselves. Each and every one of us deserves to take time out of the day for the one that matters most-YOU!

As I have been in college I have found myself spending a lot more time with well...me. This is a different sense of independence that I have come to experience. As I enter my twenties I have come to realize that there is one thing I can do to improve my life, which is loving myself for who I am. This is my mission for 2016. I know loving ourselves for who we are is quite a cliche phrase, but it is one I believe is thrown around and not fully absorbed.

This year I am absorbing the mission of loving me for me. I am going to take the time each day to do something that makes my heart sing. I am going to enjoy having tea before I go to bed, doing yoga, writing in my journal, and splurging on that blueberry muffin with a mountain of cinnamon crumbles because it will make me smile.

Loving ourselves is not only about the physical aspects, but it is also about our mental thoughts and processes. To improve my life I am going to work on saying things to myself that are positive and not laden with negative comments. I also am trying to not compare myself to others in a negative light. I plan to focus on myself and what I need to do to be successful in all areas of life.

This concept of loving myself is one I find to be associated with confidence. When we are confident in ourselves we can love our most pure self. I have found myself in a few situations where I feel out of place and uncomfortable, but I've been telling myself to be confident and smile. No one else can tell that I feel uncomfortable if I appear confident.

I am sharing this with you all today because I believe self love is something we need more of in our world. I challenge you to take five, ten, or thirty minutes to yourself today. Do something that makes you happy that you have not done in years! Turn that negative self-loathing comment into one of compassion and gratitude. Be happy and love who you are!

No comments :

Post a Comment

Comments system

Made With Love By The Dutch Lady Designs