The Underclassmen Days Are Over

Wednesday, May 18, 2016

In the blink of an eye another year of college has flown by!

This year was different in many aspects from my freshmen year as I felt much more comfortable with my college life as a whole. With comfortability in some aspects of my life new struggles are evident and I continued to grow in my independence and I learned to take time for myself.

I thoroughly enjoyed doing a mini internship at the student recreation center on campus this past semester and learning more about the field that interests me. I was able to meet many wonderful people, observe exercise classes and personal training sessions and ask any questions that I had. This experience helped me understand that this is the type of environment that I would like to work in.

I also finished my first full track season and I had the opportunity to compete in our conference championships this past weekend.. Even though the meet did not finish exactly as I would have hoped I gained much experience for the future. I was glad to be a part of such a competitive meet and cheer on my teammates who accomplished great things! I enjoyed getting to travel with my team to the various meets and states that we competed in

Myself and Rachel, my roommate, after our 5K!
This past school year would not have been memorable without my teammates and all of the many friends that I am so grateful to have. I look to them for support, advice, laughs and making new memories.
My second family
I am excited for summer and all that it brings. I will be working as a camp counselor at two running camps this summer and I look forward to meeting many new people and continuing to learn and grow as a person. 

I hope everyone has a wonderful evening and enjoys some sunshine this week!
Follow my blog with Bloglovin

No comments :

Post a Comment

Comments system

Made With Love By The Dutch Lady Designs